Thursday 14 June 2012

Mini Festival Mini Part 1

So at the moment I seem to have my 'mini book' mojo back in spades! I have always loved making them, but when I started this one of my friend's 30th birthday photos it reminded me of just how much I did enjoy them and how long it had been since I'd made one.

As I mentioned briefly a couple of posts ago, my friend's 30th was pretty epic and I had hundreds of photos to choose from, with that in mind I decided to get loads of mini photos printed and just try to fit in as many as possible.

Anyway that's enough waffle here it is.....
I wanted to go with the festival feel from the photos so I used a mixture of scraps, lots of colour, some paint and lots of flicks and splatters with paint mists.  The '30' was a stamp I made myself from some quite dense foam I had in my craft room, I was pretty pleased with it and managed to make use of it a few times.

Thought I'd start it off with a picture of the birthday boy but the rest of the book is in order from the preparations to the end of the party.  This project was a great stash buster, I managed to use up bits and pieces that I'd had for ages!


The pages were made from some big paper bags that I've had for a while, I thought they were perfect for this as they had a bit of a grungey, recycled feel which worked well with the photos and were suitable for a 'man' project!!!  I cut the bags in half, sealed up the bottom half of the bag and the bottom end of the top half (IYSWIM!!) and left the original opening open to add in extra cards.


I won't bore you with the whole thing now, watch this space for another installment soon!!
TFL xxx

1 comment:

Clare said...

Looks great Beks