Tuesday 10 January 2012

2012

I promised I'd be back with my plans for 2012 so here I am!

With this promising to be such a big year for me, rather than setting 'resolutions' as it were, I felt that my hopes for this year were better expressed in a different way.  I have always liked the way SJ, and various other bloggers that I follow, choose a word of the year.  I'd never really been able to think of one before but in the last few weeks of 2011 one just kept springing to mind and ever since it's just felt more and more appropriate.  So my word for 2012 is.......
This is a word which just seems to cover lots of different aspects of my life and how I hope it will develop in the coming year.  I hope to.....
I hope to be inspired by the people I work with on placement and fingers crossed, my first job.  On that note I also hope to inspire someone to employ me!! I hope to be inspiring to the children I work with and also be inspired by their constant enthusiasm.

Creatively I hope to be inspired, I am not anticipating as much time to craft this year as I have been lucky enough to have before so some help with ideas might mean I get more done!  Having said that, in some small way I still hope to inspire someone with my creativity, maybe just one of my blog readers!!  Part of the reason I chose this word was because someone said to me just before Christmas, that I had inspired her to pick up a pair of knitting needles for the first time in years, and just yesterday someone else told me that I had inspired her to learn to crochet.  I have to say that I found both comments hugely flattering and was really touched.
So hopefully, during the year, I hope to be able to update you with this.  I also have plans to document this word in a layout which I will share with you soon.

In 2012 I am also looking forward to......
Welcoming my best friend's baby into the world (and knitting/crocheting lots of gifts!!)
Seeing another best friend get married (so excited!!).
Finishing and hopefully passing my course (I've had a good start to this today with a fantastic start to my final placement!)
Graduating (again!!)
Getting a job.
Completing a 'document' style project, albeit a much simpler version.
And just generally having another fab year.

I hope 2012 is a good one for you too!!
xxxxx

(Images from Pinterest)


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Really hope this one word project words. I really enjoyed it last year. This year I've chosen Calm/patience as my words. Look forward to sharing this journey with you!

Jackie xxx said...

Fab choice of word ... good luck with everything you have planned for the coming year. xxx

Claire Crompton said...

Happy New Year to you Beki. Best of luck with your goals for this year.

Cx