Saturday 11 September 2010

Old, New, Borrowed and Blue

As you may know I am very excited about being Maid of Honour for my best friend next May. I want to make some little pressies to give to her on her big day and this one happened a little by chance.

I went to Hobbycraft to buy a couple of alterables to make Christening presents for my cousins when I spotted this musical box that was half price and thought it would be lovely for Mollie. When I got home I realised that the tune, which I couldn't make out properly in the busy shop, was actually the wedding march!!! I was going to take it back but then I had the idea of giving it to Emma with her old, new, borrowed and blue in.

I chose Sassafrass Indie Girl as I thought it had a lovely vintagey style and blue seemed like an appropriate colour.
I told you there would be more of these flowers!

Inside on the little heart I put her initial on one side and his on the other.
I also made this tag for when I gift wrap it.
Now all I need to do is make sure I find things small enough to fit inside! I already have a 'new' in mind and that is tiny so we should be ok!

TFL xxx

4 comments:

Anna said...

This is lovely Beks. What a lovely present, I'm sure she will be trilled with it!

Kirsty @ Quirky Card Designs said...

you really ever fail to impress beks!! gorgeous as always lovely!! xx

Rachel said...

wow this is just stunning beks xx

Anne said...

What a great idea, and what a lucky friend to have such a thoughtful maid of honour! The Indie Girl papers are perfect for it.