Monday 30 August 2010

August Frog Hop

Welcome to the August BananaFrog blog hop. I'm really pleased to be joining in with this to round of my guest designer month. It was difficult to get in the mood for the 'Summer Vacation' theme when I spent my summer avoiding rust rather than sun burn, but after making these cutesy little Totally Tropical notelets, I felt a little more summery!

I took some mini pre folded black cards and used the border stamp from Totally Tropical to stamp and emboss a panel through the middle of the card.
Next I stamped some of the mini flowers in different coloured inks and stamped and embossed some of the bigger flowers.
For the next bit you'll need a sharp pair of scissors, a cup of tea and something good on the telly!!! You need to cut out all of the flowers you've just stamped....
The last bit is the fun bit, you want to create as much depth and texture as you can by layering up the large flowers and then sticking the smaller ones in between, popping some up on foam pads. Finally add some sparkle with some stickles.
I hope I've left you feeling Totally Tropical! Leave a comment and at the end of Tuesday I will pick a winner to recieve some lovely Banana Frog stamps.
Now hop on over to Anthea's blog.
TFL xx

19 comments:

Sarah xx said...

Oh these are lovely Beks - you have more patience and time than me though to cut out all those flowers!! xx

Sally said...

heya... these are super cute and you really must have a lot of patience to cut out all of those little flowers ( they are pretty tho!!!)

happy scrapping xx

Anne said...

Oh - pretty pretty pretty!

nerllybird said...

Beks, they're beautiful! What a wonderful design, I might just lift that for a scrappy border sometime! x
(PS, have been madly using American Crafts, from the prize, have a look at my blog if you get a mo)

Julie said...

I love this card - its sooo pretty, also Ive just had a look at your previous post and the little christmas cards are the cutest and a great idea. xxxx

Colette said...

Really clever way to use a stamp, don't think I would have the patience though!

Colette x.

Kelly said...

Love these little notelets!! A fab idea to really make the flowers stand out.

Mermaid said...

I love the look, it´s so...tropical!

{VICKI} said...

Very pretty and very unique!
thanks for sharing

Emma Williams said...

Absolutely beautiful and the colours of the flowers is so vibrant against the black...stunning!!
Emma x

chocolate lady said...

Just the sort of thing i like to do while watching telly with a nice cup of coffee.
excellent

Maz said...

They're lovely! Lots of patience required for those flowers! x

knitkath said...

So cute, love all those flowers, cutting and layering them is so effective!

karennarelle said...

stunning! dont know if i have the patience though.

Maria said...

What gorgeous little notelets... Thanks for showing

Kathy said...

I love your notecards and how you've cut out and layered he colourful flowers.
Thanks for the chance to enter.

Clare said...

Gorgeous cards you clever chicky xx

Anonymous said...

These are really pretty - what patience you must have!

KarenB said...

I think I missed the hop, but I just wanted to let you know I love your project! The clustering looks amazing.