Sunday 16 May 2010

Now That's More Like It

Now I'm on a roll...3 layouts in 2 days!! Yesterday was Scrapaholix and I really loved the kits, fabby MME papers and some really lovely chipboard letters and motif.

This first layout is about when we went to France, I was 9 and got really ill, I think it was just before I had my tonsils out. Anyway, my Dad went to the chemist and he seems to think that because he can't speak French, French people will understand him if he speaks English in a French accent! He told the chemist that his daughter 'Le Vomit!!!!'
I was really pleased with how it turned out, some bits were quite labour intensive but worth it in the end. I used this special foil stuff that I pinched from my sis (sorry don't know what it's called!)
I am pleased with the stamping and embossing around the edge, just adds another subtle detail.
The second one was a bit quicker and just kind of fell together from the left overs of the first!
The letters on this one were painted, inked for extra depth and then I piped stickles into each little polka dot. Not my idea though unfortunately, stolen from Marie but it looked so good on her layout I had to do it!
Then today I felt like using some more Thrift Shop and whilst on a vintage theme dug out an old photo album and found a load of pics of my Dad as a baby/child. I think this will be the first LO of many on this theme!
I was pleased that I managed to make it pretty without being girly! I made the hearts by cutting out chipboard shapes, spritzing them with my new Midnight blue shimmer mist and giving them a coat of glossy accents.
I also added some stamped detail and the date at the top.
Thanks for all your lovely comments about my Fly A Kite project, will be back with proper pics asap!

TFL xxxx

2 comments:

Mel said...

Wow I love, love, love all three layouts. My dad totally does the same thing when we are in France!!! I am totally going to try the polka dots on the lettering! xx

Kirsty @ Quirky Card Designs said...

Gorgeous as always beks!! xx