Tuesday 11 May 2010

Bikes and Birthdays

Oh dear... I said I'd be back a week ago but I'm afraid it just didn't happen! Absolutely nothing creative was happening here but I was chilled about it, left the craft room and did other things instead. I had a brilliant weekend, I went to watch this......
MotoCross! I was dragged with my best friend Sarah and her friend Amy to watch their partners racing. I was a bit reluctant and it didn't start well, it was cold, dusty and noisy, but I was converted when we got in the van to warm up and had some good girly laughs over cheesy chips from a kebab van and once refreshed, got back out just in time to watch Laurence get a trophy for 2nd place! Of course the highlight of the day was the pub meal at the end of it all, and as a bonus I made some new friends and had a great time with old ones!
The other big event of the weekend was my Mum's birthday. She was out the night before her birthday so I made her pressies look lovely....
And made her a special banner.......
I knew when she saw it that she would realise just how much I loved her by the number of Thickers I had used!!!!
So, today, eventually, my mojo has started to slowly return....thank goodness I hear my bored blog readers shout!!! I even managed two layouts, both using Cosmo Joyride. This one......
My first layout with a Hipstamatic picture! I was really pleased with the stamped and embossed paint splodges.
Then next was this one......
A close up of the stitching and embossed stars.
Wow, it's actually a relief to have managed some layouts I am pleased with!
In other news, I have been on my first official Maid of Honour duty. Emma and I went dress shopping yesterday and had a ball. I think she realised though just how emotional I am likely to get at the wedding, when I was almost in tears at the dress shop! I did warn her but I think she thought I was joking!
On the uni front I have recieved all my details including a time table and reading list. The only dowside of the whole two years is that my first teaching block starts on the Monday before the wedding, but hey, that's just something I'll have to get on with cos there's nothing I can do about it. I have filled in a mountain of forms and made a start on the reading.....exciting times! Although now slightly worried on embarking upon a teaching career under a Conservative government..........
Thanks for your patience! xxxx

No comments: