Saturday 3 April 2010

The Mod Father

You might have seen that the 1st of the Month visual challenge is up on the Butterfly Crafts blog. This month the challenge is to respond to this advert....
I've never done an ad challenge before so I had a good look at it and made a list of elements I could take from it: Purple, white and black, mist, stars, net, famous person etc This is what I came up with, hopefully you can see which ideas I went with.....
I created the mist effect with two colours of Shimmer Mist and some ink and a blending tool to make the bottom corner really deep. I made a couple of stencils and used them with some cut and dry foam to make the stars, and edged them in glitter with a quickie glue pen.

To fit in with my photo of Paul Weller I made the journalling block into a target shape for a bit of Mod style!!
I was really proud of the fact that I used absolutely no patterned paper on this layout, I got a good sense of satisfaction from creating the pattern myself. Don't worry though, it's not something I plan to do often, I love patterned paper too much!!!
TFL xxx



No comments: