Tuesday 2 February 2010

Bring On February

After not doing much scrapping last week, I am making up for it this week. I spent a crafty day with Clare, Kirsty and Mum yesterday and started work on a little mini book which I will share when I get round to finishing.

I also made this quick little project. I wanted something that I could carry around to jot down ideas for projects/layouts etc as I think of them. I am forever thinking of things that would be great themes for layouts and then forgetting them, so hopefully this way I will be able to note them down straight away. I made the cover from some really thick acetate I bought at Paperchase last week.

I am so pleased with the stamping. I used StazOn and all of the different frame/journalling stamps from my AC collection and finished off with some random Thickers.
The pages are simply made from a selection of journalling cards, I have so many and some that I was getting bored of so I thought that this was a good way of using them up (and eventually giving me an excuse to buy more!)
This afternoon I had a couple of hours to myself and an urge to create so I thought I might make a start on the Yearbook project that has just started over at the Gogo clubhouse. I am already taking part in their academy which is forming such a fantastic album that I am sooo pleased with that I just had to join in with this one.
The first task was to make some covers from a pizza box (6x12).......
I enjoyed it so much that I carried on and did the back cover.....
And the double page spread for January.....
Of course the snow had to be documented. I didn't actually take many pics this time as I just thought they would all end up pretty much the same as the feb 09 snow photos!! But I did manage to snap a couple of Frank looking so cute with snow on his nose from trying to fetch snowballs!

With the cold weather I have spent quite a bit of crafty time at home not only scrapping but baking, knitting and crocheting too so I thought that would be a good idea for my second page.
I have a clear day tomorrow so am hoping to get some more scrapping time, I have a couple of projects on the go, a couple of comissions I have been asked to do, not to mention some new SU stamps and punches to play with so I should have plenty more to share soon!
Watch this space! xx

1 comment:

Rachel said...

wow you have ben busy, everything looks great x