Thursday 9 July 2009

Scrap with Scraps

I've had a very crafty evening, it's been really satisfying as I have been using things up. I absolutely have to be frugal at the moment and have been really good, have barely bought any stash this month so it feels good to use some stuff up so that when I can afford some stash I will feel perfectly justified.

Firstly I did this week's Twisted sketch, the twist was to use fabric which worked out well as I had the rest of the kit I bought for the SLYMI scrap with fabric challenge to use up.
I also used a scrap of Sassafrass paper and some Creative Imaginations chipboard letters which came with a kit and just keep going, another pack of those will be on my shopping list.
I loved this bit of lace trim, it gives the layout a lovely eclectic feel. Also did a bit of stitching as I thought it was quite fitting.

Also added some bling for a different texture and more colour. Was going for a Kirstie Allsopp 'Slob with Colour' approach on this one.
Next I did the Scrapagogo July Use it Up challenge. Technically you are supposed to use the kit from 1 year ago but as I haven't been subbing that long, I used the May kit as I still had quite a bit left. I found it quite refreshing to go back to this kit as it was one I struggled with a bit, but by adding a sheet of white cs I found that it changed the dynamics and made it more 'me'.
Finally a couple of cards made entirely from scraps and using my fab new fruity stamps from SU.
A couple of useful ones to have in reserve as they will suit most occasions.
So thats my productive day! Looking forward to school tomorrow, can't wait to see how the kids are getting on with their Superhero project. I've made them a cd of Superhero theme tunes to play in the garden, they're gonna love it cos they just adore dancing.
Night xx

6 comments:

Rachel said...

wow great work loving your twisted sister layout its fab, i have been tight with my paper too esp that lovely apple october afternoon one too cute xx

suzann said...

You have done some amazing creations with your scraps! Your Twisted Sketches layout is so cool and love the fabric.

Thanks for doing the challenge at Twisted Sketches!!

Unknown said...

Great entry on the Twisted Sketches challenge, your page is awesome :-)!

Kim Sonksen said...

I lovesit all !

Thanks for playing with us Twisted Sisters

Novalen said...

Love your take on the twisted sketch. Beautiful choice of colour. TFS!

Zoe said...

WOW love your take on the Sketch this week, Beautiful Cards too