Saturday 9 May 2009

More Haste Less Speed

I've had a busy week with school and Mum's birthday but as always I've fitted in my scrapping time. All the new papers I'd bought recently have really given me the inspiration I needed. I made a decision recently though that I should try and make an effort to slow down when scrapping. Everyone always comments on how fast I work, which is good sometimes but I figure it's better to spend a bit longer and have more detailed better quality work than churning out loads of quick layouts. So, with this in mind I did these three layouts this week, I set myself the challenge of taking at least 2 hours on each and taking a break from them and going back to them. I think this has worked for the best. I did this one inspired by something Max said to me at the zoo....

Apologies for not cropping the photos! I used Prima My Mommy and Me paper. I wanted to build up lots of detail and texture....

I also did this layout of Frank...

I used the cute, Cosmo Cricket Mr Campy papers and stickers. To get in lots of detail I used hand and machine stitching, stamping, glossy accents, pom poms and scallops. This morning I did the very first layout with the new OA collections, I used both the Cherry Hill and Ducks in a Row collection mixed together....
Along with this funky chunky button I bought the other day...
So thats what I've been up to this weekend, I have more planned for tomorrow so there should be plenty to share.
TFL xxx

3 comments:

Unknown said...

these are lovely...well done you :)

tracy-lihanne {~mable~}

Anne said...

What lovely detailed layouts - I sometimes have to force myself to slow down and take my time too.

Unknown said...

Love these layouts, especially the last one using OA papers. Fab :o)