Friday 16 January 2009

I Can See Clearly Now

Wow, what a good day I've had.. well not all day. Went shopping with Mum and Dad this morning, we went to Tesco and it was manic and really tiring so I wimped out, bought a magazine and sat in the cafe with a Latte.
We then went to B&Q to look at shelves for my craft room, this was the low point of the day..... Dad managed to reverse my car into someones front bumper! Luckily there was no damage to my car, well I don't think there was, its hard to tell cos of the dirt and the dent Dad already put in there!! (He's never done anything to his car!)
Anyway, things got better from there. I thought I'd better check my internet banking, see how bad things were looking and to my surprise, it was much better of than expected. After few phone calls, it turns out that I'm entitled to more money now and even got a Cold Weather Payment! How infirm do I feel??? I'm not complaining though.
After my little windfall I decided to go and buy the camera I'd been saving up for, I thought I'd need to add a bit to my savings but as it turned out it was cheaper than I thought so I even got change to put back in my money box! Bargain.
With all this excitement my creative juices got flowing and I thought I'd have a go at doing a transparent layout. I found some Papermania Transparencies cheap in a sale and I'd seen a couple of really inspiring LO's whilst blog hopping, I even dusted down the sewing machine!
I'm really quite proud of the results....




Its not very easy to photograph a transparent LO (even with a flashy new camera!) but I think you get the idea. I also used some DCWV glitter card, machine threads, Paperchase Stickers and fairy light trim, MM word fetti and tiny alphas, Cappucino Thickers, and various letter stickers. Thanks to the ladies on UKS who gave me tips on stitching on acetate.

TFL

B xxx

1 comment:

Katy said...

wow loving this how very clever. Im no good on a machine lol.
Looks stunning chick.

I also got a shock when i checked my bad as i got a cold weather payment to :D

Much Love Katy xx