Monday 26 January 2009

Too Cool for School

Happy Monday everyone!! Just thought I'd catch you up with my creations from the weekend, I'm really on a roll at the moment, spending loads of time crafting, just hope it stays that way! Firstly, I'm hoping to go back to uni in September to train to be a teacher, as I already have student loans I'm gonna have to be really careful with my money, no designer stationary from Paperchase and the like. So with that in mind I have started making a collection of stationary of my own using cheap lined paper from the supermarket, scraps of paper and chipboard, a few embellishments and binding with the BIA. Here's what I've made so far:

I'm really pleased with them and I know nobody will have the same as me!!! Also did another LO for my book of me. I loved doing this one, because of the mound of buttons I bought in the fantastic Fidgeons Crafts sale I didn't have to be stingy with them so it felt rather indulgent. I just love the rich colours and adore the black glitter Thickers. Sorry the photo isn't great, it does look better in the flesh.

I have found my feet with the 365 project now and over the weekend actually found myself having several pics to choose from. As I have a rather invasive dental procedure tomorrow, I'm thinking I probably won't be feeling like crafting so hopefully I'll be able to catch you up with my 365 tomorrow.

My Mum gave me a great idea yesterday, she has made a fab year book with the Cosmo Cricket TSV I bought her for Christmas. I thought it would be great to make one myself and use it as a creative journal so I can document some of my fave projects throughout the year, particularly the ones I make as gifts so I have a record of them. So thats what I'm off to do now.

Have a great day xx

No comments: